Sunday, April 14, 2013

Overview of My Short Reading Lessons

My first reading lesson I am going will be focusing on the topic "schema". I will be working with a group of three students. Using the the article entitled Schema: Thinking Aloud by Miller (2002), students will engage in a read-aloud/think-aloud activity where I will teach them how to make text-to-self connections using their schema. The book I will be using for this read-aloud/think-aloud activity is Wemberly Worried by Kevin Henkes. My lesson will start off discussing the term schema and telling students how they will use specific wording to make text-to-self connections while using background knowledge, also known as their schema.

My second reading lesson will be focusing on building the skill 'getting-ready-to-read strategy'. Before engaging in a reading activity, I will go through getting-ready-to read strategies derived from the Neufield article Content Area Comprehension Instruction

No comments:

Post a Comment